You don’t necessarily need to re-paint your walls when they appear stained or dirty, what you most likely should do is clean them. You may be wondering if it’s possible to clean off dirt that has accumulated on your walls without washing your paint off, well yes, it is. Below is all you need to know to go about it.
What you need:
-A sponge or rag
-A big bowl or bucket
How to go about cleaning your walls
- Fill the bowl or bucket with warm water and add some detergent. Ensure your soap mixture isn’t too much so it wouldn’t be too difficult to wipe off.
- Dip the rag or sponge into the water. Hold it into the water until it’s soaked. Lift the rag or sponge from the water and wring out by twisting.
- Place the rag or sponge on the wall and wipe with up and down motions. Add more soapy water to the rag or sponge as needed. Stand on the step stool to reach high places. Do not lean on the step stool.
- Dump out the dirty, soapy water outside or down a drain. Rinse out the bucket with water. Rinse out the rag or sponge.
- Allow the walls to air dry. You may also place fans in front of the walls to increase drying speeds.
You don’t need to wait for your walls to be visibly dirty before you clean them, you can make it a routine by washing them once every 2 to 3 months. Do this to keep your walls looking brand new!
Reference: theprettyorganizedlife.com , hunker.com