Your walls shouldn’t be only part of your home that pops, play your doors up with some colours to give your home an exciting new look. Follow these steps to give your door an update the right way.
What you’d need for this project
- Dish soap or detergent
- Stirring stick
- Angle trim brush
- Roller brush
- Sandtex Gloss Finish
Steps to Follow
- Mix a part of the dish soap or detergent with a reasonable amount of water.
- Wash the surface of the door with the sponge and soapy solution, rinse and wipe with damp cloth to remove any soap residue
- Use the sandpaper to smoothen the surface of the door and wipe the dust off with a clean, damp cloth.
- Open your can of Sandtex Paints and stir evenly with the stirring stick
- Use the angle trim brush to paint the paneled areas and around the hinges or hardware
- Use a roller to paint the remaining areas of the door in thin, even layers.
Tip: If you want more than one coat of paint, allow the previous coat to dry completely before applying the next so the paint doesn’t smear.
- After applying the number of coats you desire, allow the paint to dry completely before replacing any hinges or hardware.
There you have it, your newly refurbished door.